We all know that Valentine’s Day can feel a little bit commercial, so we’ve come up with some ideas to make meaningful Valentine’s Day dates, so that you spend time with your loved one in a way that matters. Whether you love books or the outdoors, we’ve come up with a few of our favourite date ideas.
Sometimes buying a simple gift isn’t quite what we’re looking for and spending time with your loved one is becoming much more popular than a physical gift. With this in mind, we’ve come up with a few meaningful Valentine’s Day dates that you can do without spending a fortune.
- Go on a walk or a hike ~ if you are a lover of long walks and getting out and about, this is such a lovely idea. Plan the day/walk, take some snacks and drinks for a little half-way stop to make it more of a date, using your reusable cups and snack bags of course!
- Go stargazing ~ this is such a lovely idea if you’re lucky enough to have a clear dry night, again plan for snacks and drinks, somewhere to sit to make it a fun activity to spend time together. There’s a great Stargazing website that helps you can find all of the best spots.
- Cook or bake ~ as long as neither of you gets stressed in the kitchen, doing something like this together can really bring a sense of togetherness, plus you then get to eat what you’ve made which is a win win! Make it special by setting the table and light some candles to give it a date atmosphere. Now’s the time to get out the best napkins and tableware!
- Exercise together ~ if you love yoga, running or a workout, then spending time doing this together can be really great for bonding, especially if you end with a mindfulness or relaxation activity.
- Pamper night ~ the simple act of running someone a bath, or lighting candles can help to add to the relaxed atmosphere you want to create for a date! This is a lovely date idea if you’re both usually busy and don’t get much time to relax. Use beautiful essential oil blends to give one another a massage, great for the skin and relaxation at the same time, or add to your diffuser to create a relaxed environment.
- Reminisce ~ I love the idea of getting the photo albums out and just chatting about your memories together, it can bring a sense of closeness like nothing else can. Set the mood by lighting the candles, use your best stoneware to cosy up and chat like the old days!
- Book night ~ have your own book club just for the two of you, read a bit, chat about the books you’re reading. I love this idea because you can make it really cosy and have that little bit of quiet, as well as sharing something you’re interested in with each other.
Get in touch
Let us know your favourite date ideas, we’d love to hear them!