If it’s the first time you’re trying out reusable period pads, then our top tips can help you figure out the best way of using them and make life easy whilst being eco friendly!
- try them out at home first – you’ll find it much easier to try the pads out at home so that you can gauge which pads are right for your flow. With our range of light, medium and heavy, a mixture of pads is ideal for different days and overnight.
- rinse out in cold water before washing in the machine – this will help to rinse out any staining as cold water works better on this, then they can be popped into the washing machine on a normal wash.
- use a small bin or bucket with a lid for putting used pads in before washing – that way you can keep them out of the way until you’re ready to wash in the machine.
- buy enough to use, but don’t panic you can always mix and match with your usual pads until you work out how many you need – buy a reasonable amount for what you need, if you’re trying them out for the first time, you can continue to use them alongside your usual ones, so that you can work out how many you might need for one cycle.
- use a wet bag when out and about for storing used pads, you can always use a bag you already have as long as it is waterproof – this helps to keep any used pads away from other items.
You can find some great reusable period pads through Wear em out pads, we love these, as they’re soft and comfortable, durable and we’ve found them to be great at not leaking! Easy to wash and dry and then reuse too. We also love the range of fun colours and designs they come in.