These reusable freezer bags with 2 litre capacity for batch cooking, dump bags, grab and cook bags or just generally food storage.
If you’ve been using Nom Nom sandwich bags for freezing leftovers or storing baked goods but wished they were bigger then these bags are for you!
The freezer bags are made of the same material as all the NomNom sandwich bags, they measure 24cm x 24cm with a stand up base that opens up to 8cm which makes filling and cleaning easier.
The pack includes a silicone “easy fill band” that can be used during filling to keep the bag open. Fill the bag with around 500ml of food is inside the bag to make it stay open on its own and then keep filling and you can use the band on the next bag.
FILL ● EAT ● WASH ● REPEAT
The Pack contains:
4 x Reusable Freezer Bags
1 x Easy Fill Silicone Band
All NomNom products are:
BPA, Phthalate & PVC Free
Easy to Clean
Easy to Fill
They hold up to 2 litres of food, probably best for storing 500ml to 1.5L for them to lie flatter.
The bags can withstand hot food BUT hot foods are more likely to stain the bags so we recommend adding tomato based or curry based meals into the bags cold.
The band helps keep the bag open for filling. Stand the bag up with the base popped open. place the band over the top of the bag and settle it half way down the bag. Rearrange the inside of the bag so it stays open.
Cleaning tips for the reusable freezer bags:
- Fill your bag half way with very warm water and a bit of washing up liquid. Seal the bag and give it a really good shake whilst holding the zip so it won’t open (just in case).
- Once all the bits of food are loose you can pour the water out. If the food was really oily you can also fill the bag right to the top with hot soapy water and then seal and leave it to soak for a while.
- Squirt a bit of washing up liquid onto a cloth, soft sponge or brush and wipe it into the seams of the bag. You can even do this with your fingers. This also ensures that you’ve opened the base right up and there’s nowhere for any oil or food to hide.
- Now wash up the bag in the bowl and give it a good wash inside and out with a cloth or brush – never use a scourer or rough sponge though.
- If there are any stubborn bits of food along the seams just use the corner of a cloth to help wipe it away.
- Rinse a few times and give the bag a good shake.
Other cleaning options are distilled vinegar spray or bicarbonate of soda. Milton solution can also help if there are any persistent odours.
These will fit on the bottom rack of the dishwasher. Before washing, give the bags a good rinse like step 1 above. If the bags are still quite dirty at this point it would be worth doing step 2 or 3. It really does depend on what you filled the bag with and how oily it is.
Do NOT use the hottest setting on the dishwasher.
Always make sure that the base is fully popped out before washing and pour out any excess water from the base after the wash has finished. To help the bags dry quicker after the dishwasher, rinse in hot water, shake and stand open to dry.
Although the bags are technically safe in the microwave and will not leach chemicals during microwaving, the bags could be damaged during heating.